Dr Megan Argo

Astrophysicist

Free Zoom planetarium shows for Brownies!

During lockdown I started offering free virtual planetarium shows to any Brownie group (or Cub group!) that wants one, as long as I have a free evening and can fit you in.  These have proved so popular that I’ve had to draft in some colleagues from the astronomy group at the University of Central Lancashire to help!

In a half-hour show the Brownies will discover what is visible in the sky right now, we’ll look at some of the constellations, they will hear some of the stories behind of the constellations, we will take a quick tour of the planets to see them up close, and the girls can ask the presenter any space-related questions they have.

No special software is needed, the presenter will just share their screen so everyone can see our virtual planetarium!

If you would like to book a (free!) session for your Brownie unit, please fill in the booking form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

UPDATE: Feb 12th – these have been so popular that I’m now booked up until Easter!  If you would like a show, please fill in the form anyway and I will add your details to the waiting list.  Some of my colleagues are also delivering shows, and I’ll start booking more slots after Easter soon.

UPDATE: April 22nd – I’m now completely booked up until the end of term, so I have had to close the booking form.  Thanks for your interest in a planetarium show, if we end up back under restrictions I will re-open booking.

8 Comments

1. Janice Houghton

January 15, 2021 at 7:23 pm

Hello we would love to have a session – we are a Brownie Pack .

2. Morning I would be interested in a zoom session for our brownies we meet on on Wednesday evening between 6.30 and 7.30pm. Thank you 😊

• Christine Halstead

March 26, 2021 at 8:40 pm

I have a guide unit, girls aged 10-14 years.
      We are currently zooming during term time on a Thursday evening from 7.15pm and would be very interested in a talk by yourselves.
      I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

3. Debbie Tomlinson

February 14, 2021 at 8:55 am

Hi Megan
    We are doing a virtual sleepover on 5th/6th June / if you could do a session on the 5th that would be amazing! I remember you from School – think you were in my sisters year (Alison Hibbert) ! And also when you were in guiding in Broken Cross District – I run the Brownies at Henbury now !

4. Cathy Consterdine

February 17, 2021 at 10:56 pm

Hi there. Would absolutely love it you could do a zoom with our Brownies in (Cheshire Border) we meet on Wednesday’s between 6.30-7.30. Thanks in advance.

5. Hello, I run a Brownie unit on Monday’s 6pm – 7pm and we would be interested in a zoom session.
    Many thanks,
    Laura 😊

6. Samantha Carter

March 26, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Hi I would love a session for my Brownies we meet on a Wednesday 5:30-6:30 but can be flexible for other days of the week if this makes it easier for you

7. Hilary Hetherington

March 28, 2021 at 10:30 am

I am interested in a zoom meeting for my Brownies we zoom on a Tuesday from 6.30pm until 7.30pm

Comments are closed.